When talking to an experienced real estate broker in San Diego, you will learn that clean tile and grout is critical for a successful open house. Cleaning ceramic tile floors is one of the easiest floors to clean. The only time things may get difficult is when you are scrubbing the grout because this can hold onto stains. Here are some great products and techniques for cleaning your tile and grout.
This cleaning tool tends to get the job done quickly and easily. You will still need to do a more deep and thorough cleaning a few times a year, but this will keep your floors sparkling otherwise. This instrument requires no other chemicals or cleaners besides what is already on the cleaning pads.
Cleaning Your Tile Floor with Citric Acid
Use the following steps when utilizing this method:
· First, sweep the floor thoroughly and remove items such as wastepaper baskets and other light movable items.
· Next, take one cup of crystallized citric acid and mix it into 1.5 gallons of very hot water.
· Completely soak the floor with the mixture by applying it with a mop.
· Now grab a scratch pad and scrub stains, grout and other spots and substances that need removed.
· Grab a bucket of clean water and thoroughly rinse and wring out the mop.
· Take the mop and soak up the mixture. Rinse floor. Repeat as necessary until floor is clean and semi-dry.
· Citric acid is very effective, and it is also eco-friendly.
Cleaning Your Floor Tile Grout with Hydrogen Peroxide
Grout is very porous in its solid state so cleaning difficult stains can be very frustrating. If you have white grout, there is a simple mix that can help fade stains and bring the brightness back to your grout. This is for white grout only; do not use it on colored grout.
First, get yourself a plastic spray bottle and fill it halfway with water and halfway with hydrogen peroxide. Spray the mixture on grout and let sit for 30 minutes (repeat if necessary). It is often recommended that you open a window if you use this tile cleaning method because the fumes can become strong.
You can use all of these methods to ensure that your tile and grout are clean and ready for potential buyers to see. You can talk to a reputable real estate broker in San Diego to get further advice on the cleaning that should be done before you host your first open house. A clean home tends to sell faster than one that could use some work.